Harvard College China Forum was founded in 1998 as Harvard China Review, by then Harvard graduate students Zhang Yong (Chief Editor) and Zhang Ligang (Publisher). Initially run by students at the Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, the magazine expanded its staff membership to other Harvard schools and eventually to academic institutions in Greater Boston, publishing both works of student staff writers and solicited articles from academics in the area.
Harvard College China Forum was launched partly to increase publicity and partly to boost revenue for the magazine. The Co-Presidents for the first Harvard College China Forum were Li Bo (President of Monetary Department, The People’s Bank of China) and Zhang Ligang (Chairman and CEO, iKang). As the conference gained more momentum, however, HCR leadership decided to focus instead on the increasingly popular Forum.
List of Past HCCF Leaders
- 1997-1998 Co-founder and Co-president, Founder and Chairman of iKang Healthcare Group, Inc, Lee Zhang.
- 1997-1998 Co-founder and Co-president, Li Bo
- 1997-2000 Founding Editor-in-Chief, CEO of Global Innovation Dreamworks, Zhang Yong.
- 1997-2002 Founding Chief Designer, Associate Dean of the Central Academy of Fine Arts School of Design, Jin Jun.
- 1998-1999 Co-president, Chief Strategy Officer of Dacheng Fund Management Co, Ltd, Wen Zhimin.
- 1998-1999 Co-president, Executive Director of Keytone Ventures, Larry Lai.
- 1998-1999 Co-president, Chief Operating Officer of iKang Healthcare Group, Inc, Faith Huang.
- 1999-2000 Co-president, Chen Jin.
- 1999-2000 Co-president, York Lo.
- 2000-2001 Co-president, Associate Professor of Peking University Guang Hua School of Management, Zhang Junni.
- 2000-2001 Co-president, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Baike.com, Pan Haidong .
- 2001-2002 Co-president, Partner of Sequioa Capital China, Sun Qian.
- 2001-2002 Co-president, Partner of Aurora Private Equity, Li Yong.
- 2002-2003 Co-president, Former Chief Executive Office of Autohome, Qin Zhi.
- 2002-2003 Co-president, Zhang Minhua.
- 2002-2003 Co-president, President and Chief Financial Officer of Mercer China, Roger Wu.
- 2003-2004 Co-president, Professor of Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance, Wang Tao.
- 2003-2004 Co-president, Co-president of China Media Capital, Catherine Ying.
- 2004-2005 Co-president, Chief Investment Officer of CCB International Medical Industry Equity Investment, Roger Cheng
- 2004-2005 Co-president, Frank Qian.
- 2005-2006 Co-president, Cheng Sijin.
- 2006-2007 Co-president, General Manager of Perfect World Global Investment, Bill Wang.
- 2006-2007 Co-president, Managing Director of Haitong International Asset Management, Deng Xi.
- 2007-2008 Co-president, Director of Hony Capital, Victor Li.
- 2008-2010 Co-president, He Yiming.
- 2008-2010 Co-president, Shen Yichen.
- 2010-2012 Co-president, Jack Chen.
- 2010-2011 Co-president, Lily Zhu.
- 2011-2012 Co-president, Adam Nyugen.
- 2012-2013 Co-president, David Pickerall.
- 2012-2013 Co-president, Yueran Ma.
- 2013-2014 Co-president, Helen Shi.
- 2013-2014 Co-vice-president, Yuechen Zhao.
- 2013-2015 Co-president, Eric Wang.
- 2014-2015 Co-president, Sabrina Castenfelt.
- 2015-2016 Co-president, Scarlett Yin.
- 2015-2016 Co-president, Penny Ni.
- 2015-2016 Co-vice-president, Tianyu Liu.
- 2015-2016 Co-vice-president, Melinda Wang.
1998 – The Asian Financial Crisis
1999 – Sino-US Relations
2000 – Going Digital: the future of the Internet in China
2001 – China and the World Trade Organization
2002 – Sustainable Growth
2003 – Transition: Exploring China’s Path Forward
2004 – China’s Quest for Balanced Development
2005 – Copious Consumption: China’s Appetite
2006 – China’s Next Phase
2007 – China Inc: Building on China’s Boom
2008 – Building Chinese Confidence
2009 – Keeping Up the Momentum
2010 – PRC after the Sixties
2011 – A Century of Revolution
2012 – Looking Forward
2013 – Visions for a New Decade
2014 – Can China Lead?
2015 – Unfolding the Chinese Dream
2016 – Riding the Waves of China’s New Normal: Talent, Investment, and Technology
2017 – Sharing the road ahead
Past Sponsors, Partners and Reporting Media
iKang Healthcare Group
Anbang Insurance Group
Bain & Company
China Vanke Co.
Ernst & Young
McKinsey & Company
Price Waterhouse Coopers Consulting
QIANHAI Devin Capital Management
Taikang Life Insurance Co.
Yabuli China Entrepreneurs Forum
Japan Broadcasting Corporation
New York Times
Phoenix Satellite Television
South China Morning Post
The Wall Street Journal
The Washington Post
Xinhua News Agency